A Study Permit is a federal document that allows foreign nationals to study in Canada at Designated Learning Institutions (DLI). You must have been accepted by a school, college, university, or other educational institution in Canada and have a letter of acceptance. You must also prove that you can pay for tuition fees, living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada, and return transportation from Canada for yourself and any family members who accompany you to Canada. You should also be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record.

International Students who plan to study in Canada for more than six (6) months, and who have resided in certain countries within a year prior to their arrival in Canada will be required to undergo a medical examination prior to being granted a Study Permit.

Study permits are only required for courses of study that are intended to last six-months or longer. Any course or program less than six-months does not require a study permit. Family or staff of foreign representatives, members of foreign armed forces on official duties, registered Indians status in Canada don’t need study permit.

A study permit allows a student to reside in Canada for the duration of their studies. During this time, depending on your visa, you may qualify to work up to 20 hours per week during your semester and full-time during your semester breaks. Spouses of current students may also apply for a work permit in Canada. If you intend to enroll in a co-op or internship program while in Canada, you will require a study permit, as well as a work permit.

Please note that, a study permit application may be a complicated process with many clauses that would be overlooked by a novice. Improper filling may result in denied entry.


Call us at  +1 416 272-3939 or click below to contact us.


Fill out the free assessment form.